Saturday, August 29, 2020

JOMO over FOMO?



"We should learn to savor some moments to let time feel worth existing." 
~ Munia Khan


I recently came across the acronym JOMO. It's supposed to mean "Joy Of Missing Out," the exact opposite of the more famous FOMO or Fear of Missing Out.


I was happy to be reminded that we shouldn't rush or be anxious about accomplishing so many things all at once like a lot of people believe we should.


Yes, I'm looking forward to doing more stuff in the coming days, weeks, and years but I try my best to be patient as I wait for things to fall into place. Meanwhile, I'm making an effort to enjoy the learnings along my journey.


This is me literally stopping to "smell the flowers" and savoring what life has to offer at this particular moment. Despite the heartaches that 2020 continues to bring, there are still silver linings on many corners. Let's make time to notice and appreciate them 💚


Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!


No comments: