Wednesday, October 31, 2018

4 Top Reasons I Fell in Love with Fall



My family arrived in the United States during fall so it holds a special place in my heart. After almost a year of living in California and experiencing fall for the second time, I can now list some of the things I love about this particular season! 😀 

enjoying our first autumn
1. The changing colors of the leaves is very fascinating especially from someone who has lived in a tropical country all her life before migrating to a country that has four seasons instead of just two. I take pleasure in seeing multi-colored leaves on the trees before they fall to the ground. Hopefully, my family and I could get to visit a place soon where there are a wider variety of trees sporting a profusion of colors.

colorful leaves!
2. The "sweater weather" is way more favorable for me than the bone-chilling cold of winter and early spring. It's nice to be able to feel the cool temperature without shaking uncontrollably and wishing I could put on more layers of clothing on top of the three I'm already wearing! 

afternoon walk with Daddy and James
Hands down, fall is a great time to go strolling around the neighborhood in the afternoons because the crisp and cozy weather won't make you sweat nor will it make you feel chilled. Also, you get to save on electricity because you just have to close the windows at night to feel warmer as there is no need yet to turn on the heater.  

brothers and cousins
3. The opportunity to visit a pumpkin patch, I believe, has become one of our favorite activities to do during fall. Our family went to one for the first time recently and we enjoyed taking a lot of photos while we marvel at the hundreds (maybe thousands?) of orange balls dotting the big field at Cal Poly in Pomona. Next year, I hope we can also have time to do some apple picking in one of the many orchards dotting California. 

our first Thanksgiving in the US
4. Having a reason to gather with extended family during Thanksgiving and express gratitude for all our blessings is one of fall's highlights that I deeply cherish. Last year, James and I arrived a week before this special day so it was a doubly joyous time for all of us because we became physically reunited again with our loved ones.   


I know my family and I still have to experience more things in the coming years to add to this list like Black Friday or Cyber Monday, perhaps? Give us time, I'm sure the day would come when this blog post would become longer. How about you? What do you love about the fall season? I'd appreciate it if you can share your answer/s in the comments section below 🍁


No comments: