Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Dove Encourages Women to "Show Off Your Real Beautiful Self!"



I have to admit that I am one of those women who don't feel comfortable appearing in videos. For instance, I feel uneasy when I see myself on press con clips that are sometimes aired on TV. I have also declined invitations to be interviewed on a couple of TV shows. I am not as "showbiz" as some of my friends are. It's just funny that when a friend sent me the link to Dove's newest video, I discovered that I can totally relate to the women in it!  

After the global success of the Dove Real Beauty Sketches, Dove follows up with a new short film called Dove Camera Shy. The brand has always been committed to creating a world where beauty is a source of confidence, not anxiety.



As you will see in the video, adult women all hid from the camera when they were faced with it and I'm sure many of us are guilty of doing the same thing. What happened to the little girls who did not think twice about facing the camera and showing off our real, beautiful selves? 

Thus, Dove is inviting women to reflect on the point in our lives when we became our own worst beauty critics and encouraging us to re-discover our own beautiful selves :)

Join the conversation at #MyBeautifulSelf and tell Dove what you think at Facebook.com/Dove. Oh, and don't forget to be your own beautiful self. I have to remember to work on that as well! :p


No comments: