Monday, November 11, 2013

Jollibee Launches "Best Gift Ever", the Latest Maaga ang Pasko TVC



Many of us have at least one favorite toy when we were small. I remember treasuring a doll with eyes that close when I lay her down to sleep. I would braid her hair and dress her up then bring her to play dates with my friends. If you have a fond memory about a toy like I do, we were the lucky ones.

Imagine children who don't get to have the pleasure that a special toy brings. Just the thought makes me sad because I believe that kids need playthings that could inspire love as well as creativity. That's is why I am glad that Jollibee has been continuously reviving the Maaga ang Pasko campaign year after year for almost two decades now!

Since I don't have a photo of little me with my doll,
here's my niece, Belle, with her favorite one :) 
Maaga ang Pasko is considered the Philippines' longest-running toys and books collection drive. It is committed to spreading smiles and holiday cheer to thousands of children every Christmas season. To date, it has already collected over 2 million toys from kind-hearted individuals and families alike. 

This tradition, which is celebrating its 19th anniversary this 2013, is something that Jolly Family Toy Scouts from all over the country look forward to each year and which has already kicked off in different locations including Metro Manila, Pampanga, Batangas, and Davao.


This year, aside from this touching TVC dubbed "Best Gift Ever", Jollibee is also launching the Maaga ang Pasko microsite to make sending gifts to underprivileged children easier.

Starting today, November 11, families here and abroad can now donate a toy and book online through www.jollibee.com.ph/MaagaAngPasko with the help of campaign partners Toy Kingdom and Goodwill Bookstore

borrowed from footage.shutterstock.com
In addition, Global Filipino communities in the USA, Middle East, Hong Kong, and Singapore can also send toys and books via donation boxes that will be placed in Jollibee branches in these locations. 

Please help spread the word and give disadvantaged children reasons to smile. Don't forget to also gather your pre-loved toys and books that they could treasure as their own. Share joy this coming Christmas season! May we never underestimate the happiness that one small toy or book can bring to one child. 


No comments: