Saturday, January 05, 2013

A Wonderful Lunch Date at Sentro 1771 in Greenbelt 3



When it comes to dining out, there's nothing more satisfying than having a meal with special persons in one's life. This 2013, my hubby and I celebrated the New Year by ourselves with a lovely lunch at Sentro 1771 in Greenbelt 3, Makati earlier today.


The restaurant is highly-recommended by several friends and we found out for ourselves why a lot of people love coming back there. Aside from the cozy atmosphere and friendly staff, the food is SATISFYINGLY GOOD! Really!


We started our meal with the Fresh Smoked Spring Rolls. These are pieces of fresh lumpia made with tinapang bangus, salted egg, mustasa, onions, and tomato. I never imagined that a combination made with tinapa and salted egg could taste that good! This is a must try especially for spring roll lovers.

Spring Rolls - P270
The waiter suggested we try their Lemon Pandan juice and we were glad we took his advice. The refreshing drink is wonderful. I can imagine myself dropping by Sentro during a very hot afternoon after doing chores in Makati and finishing off a whole pitcher by myself. It is that delicious!


For our main course, we tried Sentro 1771's bestseller: the Sinigang na Corned Beef. Now I know why my friends are raving about this dish. The meat is really tender and the soup has just the right sour taste.

Sinigang na Corned Beef - Solo P310, Sharing P595
Hubby finished off most of the Bangus and Eggplant Torta with Hawaiian Palm because torta is one of his favorite dishes. I, on the other hand, like the healthy component of using fish instead of ground meat. I also love the tasty side dish of mango strips and veggies. 

Torta - P270
The desserts are heavenly! When you visit Sentro, make sure you order the Banana Tart. This is puff pastry that has a light custard topped with caramelized banana slices. I tell you, every decadent spoonful is a gastronomic experience! Son #2, the sweets aficionado in our family would probably roll his eyes with delight when he gets to taste this one. I'll bring him there soon.

Banana Tart - P150
Not to be left behind in the Keso Flan which I find very unique. Although it looks like the usual leche flan, the first bite would tell you otherwise. This dessert is actually a baked but light, no crust cheesecake. It's served with thin slices of keso de bola and red egg. According to the menu, and which made me and hubby laugh, "parang bibingka na hindi!" Each spoonful is best eaten with a piece of cheese and red egg on top. The saltiness of the two ingredients perfectly balances out the sweetness of the cheesecake. 

Keso Flan - P220
I love everything we ate at Sentro 1771. It's one of the nicest lunch dates my husband and I have had in a long time and it would definitely be included in our "best of the best" memories for 2013 :)   


No comments: