Saturday, November 06, 2010

FYI: Free Seminar on Online Safety for HS & College Students on Nov. 13



I have attended one of Web Safety Philippines' seminars for parents last August and I really learned a lot. (Read related blog post here.) Thanks to what speaker Chay Mondejar-Saputil of ChimesConsulting shared, the user profile my kids use in our PC now has parental controls (they can only access the profile and use the computer during certain hours of the day) and it has made regulating their time online much easier. When I find time to again attend future seminars, I will.

But next week, I'm letting my two teenagers attend a seminar especially designed for them. Register your kids too so they would learn for themselves how important it is to keep safe online. They should be made to understand that social media is fun but they should also know how to protect themselves and their family.

What: Whatcha Webtrap for the Youth
When: Nov. 13, 2010, 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Where: Lecture Room, 5th Floor, Waltermart Pasong Tamo, Makati (in Front of Don Bosco)

To reserve a slot, email reservations@websafetyforparents.org or reservations@businessvalues.ph

No comments: