Friday, March 05, 2010

SNS Etiquette



I'm sure most of you who are reading this also belong to one or more social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Plurk, Friendster, etc. I also suspect that, like me, you also encounter irritating posts or comments every now and then. When you do, how do you deal with them?

I just read a post by Jim Paredes about his Twitter Etiquette in his Tumblr site. I completely agree with what he writes:

"I will not answer you if you are insulting or just looking for an argument.

I don’t care what political, social, sexual, religious position, station or orientation you are coming from. That does not bother me in any way. Banter is fun. Serious thoughts are great. Political preferences (even if they are not in agreement with mine) are welcome as much as real heartfelt reactions.

I will not answer though if you are plain annoying or a nagger."

Now those are good things to remember!

No comments: