Monday, March 29, 2010

MyPhone Q22 Dual Sim Phone for P2990



I've been thinking of getting a dual sim phone for months now because we're considering getting a landline sim that I or hubby can bring along when one of us is out of the house. After seeing the announcement below, I've been seriously contemplating of having hubby fall in line this afternoon at Metrowalk :p

After all, we have a useless old phone here at home. Hmmmm .....

Myphone invites you to the much awaited part 3 of the Myphone QWERTY Invasion at Metrowalk, Ortigas, Pasig City on March 30, 2010 from 3:00pm to 2:00am of March 31, 2010. Bring in your working and non-working bar phone plus 2,990 to avail the hottest qwerty phone in town the Myphone Q22duo Pinoy phone.

To see what it looks like and to also find out what the specs are, visit the MyPhone website .

Got the news from a friend (thanks, Kaye!) whose aunt bought 10 units during the last QWERTY invasion in Greenhills. I also saw the announcement posted at the MyPhone Online Community a while ago.

UPDATE (11:41 PM)

So, hubby did fall in line earlier at the MyPhone event. He went there after lunch and got to buy a phone before it was even 3 p.m. He said he waited for about an hour and a half and maybe around 500 or more people were already in line when he got there. The area was open air so they had to stand under the heat of the sun. Poor guy :S Anyway, at least he says he's happy about the purchase.


Not surprisingly hubby chose the Pinoy Phone model (I like the Philippine map at the back!) instead of the New Moon one. Aside from the Q22 unit, he also bought the 2GB SD card worth P350 and a soft case for P200.


When he got home at around 6 p.m. we inserted his Globe sim and the Sun sim that I leave with the kids whenever hubby and I are both out. Smooth transition although I'm sure it would take him some time to get used to the qwerty keypad. He'll be the one using this phone and give his old phone to our eldest son after the phone contacts are transferred.  Finally, I would be able to call him more often using my Sun number instead of just texting using our Globe sims.

As for me, I still have to see in the coming months when I would switch to a dual sim phone. Maybe when we finally apply for a landline sim but I'm still weighing the pros and cons.

No comments: