Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Losing and Letting Go



I lost my celphone last week. A fellow jeepney passenger managed to steal it from my bag. I went through the usual phases -- astonishment, anger, tears and finally resignation.

Thank goodness for the internet, I was able to let a lot of my friends and clients know immediately that they can't contact me thru text messages for a while.

It was depressing. And yet, a lot of people emailed me back and said encouraging words. My husband's first words when he called me at home was "Mom, let it go." So I did. I focused on a lot of things that I still have and are more precious to me -- my health (I wasn't hurt physically from the incident), my family, friends and yes, my computer :)

I know God is planning something better for me. Yup, I may not understand why the loss happened but I know that there is a reason for that, I just don't know what it is yet.

A co-egroup member of mine has this quote on the bottom of her emails: "Whatever GOD does, He does it in love, He never takes one thing away from you without giving you something better." And I say, Amen to that!


No comments: