Sunday, December 22, 2019

Tips for Shooting Videos and Well-Lighted Photos at Home



FACT: Not all living spaces are designed with big windows that let in a lot of natural light. Unfortunately, this is not a good thing for those who need to shoot good photos and videos at home.

No more dark and shadowy photos and videos!

Last year, I had to send a taped message to be used during the launch of my book Embracing Disability This Ability in the Philippines since I wasn't able to fly back home and couldn't make it to the event.

At the time, hubby and I had difficulties finding a good spot in the townhouse we were living in. So we just settled for a place across the living room window to get the best illumination. Still, it wasn't as well-lighted as we wanted.

screenshot from last year's video

The thing is, poorly-lighted videos can distract viewers from understanding one's message fully but we didn't have time to figure out a solution. And no, cellphone flashlights didn't help! 

Fast forward to this year when I was requested to send another video for a Christmas outreach program to encourage fellow special needs parents who also have kids with cerebral palsy.

Thankfully, I found a very functional ring light online that can be mounted on a tripod and even comes with a tiny remote so users can easily stop and start recording whenever needed.


Needless to say, hubby and I were happy with the results. Aren't advances in technology awesome?! 

P.S. For those wondering, I bought the selfie right light here and the well-lighted photos were taken using hubby's Pixel 2 XL and my Pixel 3. 

Note: Google's NOT a sponsor of this blog although I wish it is! We are just really happy with our phones :)
    

No comments: