Sunday, October 09, 2016

Supergirl Season 2 Premiers on HOOQ Same Day as U.S. Telecast



I love the Supergirl TV series. My first reason, actually, is the presence of Calista Flockhart because I enjoyed watching the Ally McBeal series many years ago. Her character this time though is so far from being an eccentric lawyer and I find it refreshing to see her play something very different -- as Cat Grant, the very much put together media mogul and intimidating boss of CATCO.

Calista Flockhart plays Cat Grant, the boss of Kara Danvers/Supergirl
Second, I liked the 1984 Supergirl movie starring Helen Slater as well as the Lois and Clark series that featured Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher. So, it was a very pleasant and welcome surprise when I found out in Season 1 that Helen and Dean play Supergirl's adopted parents. That, for me, seems like a full circle thingy ;-) 

former Supergirl and Superman now play the parents of the new Supergirl
As I watched more and more episodes of Season 1, I also grew to love Supergirl's lead star, Melissa Benoist. She was perfectly cast to play Kara Danvers and is quite adorable when she delivers the  quirky expressions and dialogues of the character, especially when she is with foster sister Alex,  played by  Chyler Leigh (the unforgettable Lexi in Grey's Anatomy).

Alex and Kara
I won't explain to you anymore what the backstory is or how the series began because you can watch the pilot episode of Season 1 on the HOOQ app, for FREE as well as all the very first episodes of other TV series in HOOQ's library. From there, you can see for yourself if you'll like to continue watching the series or not. Fair enough, right? 

Melissa Benoist was a great choice to play Supergirl
For those who are already fans of Supergirl like myself, the good news is, Season 2 starts airing this October 10, 2016 and will also premier on HOOQ within 24 hours after the U.S. telecast! I had the pleasure of watching the sneak peek of the first episode yesterday at My Cinema Greenbelt 3 and am looking forward to the rest of the season! 

Supergirl fan at the HOOQ screening
Not to give any spoilers, let me just say that there will be new characters to watch out for (including another flying one!) as well as new villains for our superhero to battle. 

just by looking at this picture, can you already guess whose character
Tyler Hoechlin will be playing in Season 2? :)
Download the HOOQ app now and get to watch not only Supergirl but also other exciting series such as Arrow, the Flash, and Gotham, which have also become constantly top viewed content. This past July, all three shows were updated to their latest seasons while additional DC TV shows such as Legends of Tomorrow and Lucifer also premiered on HOOQ as subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) exclusives.

I access Supergirl on my iPad as well as
other TV series that have also got me HOOQ'd! 
Personally, I love how HOOQ gives me immediate access to Supergirl and other popular TV shows wherever I am, whatever time of day. Discover the convenience, too, of having entertainment that's literally at the palm of your hands. Get HOOQ'd and sign up for a 7-day trial on www.HOOQ.tv, now!


No comments: