Tuesday, October 18, 2016

How to Start Investing with a P5,000 Sun Life Prosperity Card



Many people think that investing is a complicated matter and should only be done with the help of a financial expert who requires considerable payment for the service. I used to think that way, too, until I discovered that this is just one part of handling personal finances and growing one’s money. 

I still see myself a newbie at investing though because I know that I still have so much to learn. That was why I signed up for Sun Life’s #Money4LifeChallenge, a series of monthly talks by Aya Laraya, a Registered Financial Planner. The goal was to empower bloggers who are interested to improve our knowledge on money matters.

inside the SLAMCI office
A few weeks ago, my blog post on 5 Things to Consider When Finding a Financial Advisor won me a Sun Life Prosperity Card worth P5,000. I’ve been wanting to invest in mutual funds for a couple of years now but hadn’t gotten round to exploring my options. The card made the decision for me and I am grateful :)

I activated the card by going to the Sun Life Building in Bonifacio Global City. There, I got help from John Natividad of the Sun Life Asset Management Company Inc. (SLAMCI) who assisted me in filling up the Investor Information Form, Investor Profile Questionnaire, and other relevant papers. 

John also patiently explained how easy it is to add to the initial investment through automatic bank transfers of P1,000 (minimum) each month. These subsequent additions will further help grow the investment as the years go by.

here's a great illustration about investing early
with fund values based on 10% annual returns 
By now, you’re probably wondering how the money would grow. Sun Life pools all the funds from individual investors and places these in investment vehicles that, so far, have been doing well for the past years. What I love about the Sun Life Prosperity Card is that it takes off much of the guesswork and headache because there are experienced fund managers who would handle your money for you. 

I would leave the more extensive explanations to a Sun Life Mutual Fund Advisor whom you can ask advice from as to what kind of mutual fund you should choose to invest in. Ask to speak to one when you visit any Sun Life Financial Philippines branch where you can purchase Prosperity Cards. They are very accommodating. 

Since Christmas is just around the corner, I highly recommend this as a great gift option because it is something unique that will appreciate over time. The Sun Life Prosperity Card allows recipients to have their own starter investment fund and help begin their personal finance journey towards a brighter future. Consider this: P5,000 will not earn much if you leave it for a long time inside a bank savings account. 

start your journey towards financial freedom, today!
Visit sunlifeprosperity.com.ph or call 849-9888 to know more. For inquiries on specific Sun Life Prosperity Card transactions, call 849-9452 / 849-9495 or email slamc@sunlife.com.


No comments: