Sunday, December 27, 2015

Cooking with Chef Bruce Lim and Keeping in Mind to Do More With Less



It's a given. Parties and get-togethers usually leave us with leftovers to pack away after. For some, the leftovers stay uneaten for days in the refrigerator because they don't taste good as when they were freshly cooked. 

Pineapple Glazed Pork Chops
Electrolux's campaign called Do More With Less encourages everyone to avoid wastage of any kind, especially food. Last week, Chef Bruce Lim taught us, a group of foodies, how to cook Pineapple Glazed Pork Chops as well as Day After Chicken Lasagna that uses leftover lechon manok to create a very delicious dish.

Electrolux Kitchen Bloggers Class 
Encouraged by the many cooking techniques we learned, we were grouped into twos and attempted to whip up our own dishes based on the earlier cooking demonstration. 

Curly Carbs

My partner Marj and I chose to prepare a pasta dish using fusili and some of Chef Bruce's already cooked extra lasagna strips. We called our creations Curly Carbs and were told that the sauce tasted really good.

me and Marj with our pasta creations
Although I make pasta dishes at home using my tried and tested recipes, I've never attempted cooking lasagna before because I was concerned it may not turn out very well. 

Chef Bruce hard at work in his very nice test kitchen
But, thanks to the tips I got from Chef Bruce, I went ahead and made one for Noche Buena the day before Christmas. My boys liked it! 

Chef Bruce's Day After Chicken Lasagna
I wasn't able to recycle any leftovers yet, though. Let's see after the New Year comes around :) 

thanks again Chef Bruce for the inspiration! :)
For now, please read an article by Electrolux on 10 Ways to Do More With Less this Holiday Season so you, too, can be empowered to make use of existing resources and save money in the process.


No comments: