Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Rejuvenate Your Skin With Shinagawa Lasik and Aesthetics' Anti-Aging Facial



We all need some downtime from work. After all, stress and lack of sleep can cause bad skin conditions. The other day, I took an afternoon off and decided to have some "me-time". I visited Shinagawa Lasik and Aesthetics, the place where I had my successful lasik surgery more than a year ago.


Aside from correcting vision, Shinagawa also has a line of beauty and skin products under the House of Celesty brand. The establishment also offers beauty treatments and cosmetic enhancements.

I chose to undergo the anti-aging facial treatment because I felt that my skin has been exposed to pollution the past few weeks from always being out of the house for work and travel.


After a quick consultation with the dermatologist on duty and a quick stop at the powder room to wash my face with the very nice-smelling DermaCelesty Luxe Age-defying Cleansing Foam, I was led to one of the treatment rooms. I found out that my therapist is a actually registered nurse. Sheng told me that all of them who perform facials at Shinagawa are nurses and that they get rotated to different kinds of duties where most require the expertise of their profession.


Sometimes, they would be assigned to assist on surgeries while other times, they had to do facials. Sheng said that is why they are trained to be able to do every task needed to be done inside the clinic. I like the idea that I was being handled by someone who really knows what she's doing.

The treatment room is comfortably cool. I was covered by a blanket and towel while having the facial. After a few minutes of the comforting steam being directed on my face, Sheng used the very nice-smelling Celesty Glow Toner to clean my skin before removing dead cells using an almond scrub with a micro brush.


She then applied a cream and massaged my whole face. That was very relaxing! Next step was to extract the whiteheads and blackheads using a small metal rod with one end shaped like a tiny donut. The toner again made an appearance and I enjoyed its very pleasant aroma.

I asked Sheng why there's a need to cover the face with a thin layer of gauze before using the high frequency laser and she replied that it is meant to eliminate the discomfort of the slight prickling sensation brought about by the laser rod. I appreciate that consideration.


Without removing the gauze, Sheng mixed then applied a cool rejuvenating mask on my face and left me for around 15 minutes to let the mask set in and for my skin absorb the nutrients that slow down skin aging. I used the time to relax and found that it is such a nice way to enjoy time alone even for just a few minutes.

After removing the mask, Sheng applied a coat of collagen gel on my face as the final touch. The result? Really soft, smooth, and hydrated skin! I wish all my girl friends could experience this kind of pampering. It is really something every woman must try.


So do pay Shinagawa a visit one of these days and see for yourself how great it is to have a facial treatment done by experts using high quality skin products. You can even ask them to bring you through the gallery of items they have and check which ones will fit your skin's needs best.

Shinagawa Lasik and Aesthetics is located at the Enterprise Center in Ayala Avenue cor. Paseo de Roxas in Makati City. For inquiries or to book an appointment, please call +63 (2) 491-0000 or +63 (2) 846-3197. Like Shinagawa on Facebook and follow @Shinagawa_PH on Twitter. To see the complete list of services offered there, please visit their website.


No comments: