Friday, December 17, 2010

Tron: Legacy is a one-of-a-kind 3D movie



I saw Tron: Legacy two nights ago in IMAX 3D and was figuratively blown-away by its state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge visual effects. I salute the creators of this film because they must have been showered with excessive imagination and creativity when those were handed out. They did such a great job with the set design and characters' costumes. It was surreal watching people living in a virtual world that is vastly different from ours.

I haven't watched the original Tron movie and can admit to not fully understanding some of the how's and why's of this sequel's story but I enjoyed watching it nevertheless. Judging from my 15-year-old son's reaction after the premier ended, I think the two Tron movies would garner a lot of new fans, especially young ones, in the next coming weeks. I, for one, would be hunting down a DVD copy of the first movie so I could at least understand more the history and evolution of Kevin Flynn's alternative universe.

No comments: