Monday, May 17, 2010

Kool Treats!



I have just discovered a new way to cool down this summer!

This afternoon, my eldest son and I went to Alabang Town Center where a writer-friend and I interviewed the owners of Kool Shaves. I got to sample the Mango Blast flavor, Leland chose Glacier Coffee while Maan tried Polar Milk. All three of us agreed that those were some of the best-tasting desserts we've tasted.

Each cup sells for only P39 while toppings cost P6 per variant

We found out that these yummy offerings are made from fresh cow's milk infused with pureed all-natural flavors and ingredients. No wonder the contents of my cup were bursting with real mango goodness!

The unique thing about Kool Shaves is that it tastes like ice cream but comes in velvety flakes with your chosen toppings to boot! Each cup comes from a big slab of deeply-frozen flavored milk that is shaved right in front of you.

What I noticed too is that Kool Shaves does not feel heavy like halo-halo. It's light on the tummy and is not too sweet -- hindi nakakaumay, for lack of a better term.

The next time I'm in ATC, I'd definitely try out their other flavors. I'm pretty sure Daniel would want to order Peanut Butter Chills while Josh will probably go for the Choco Iceberg first.

I forgot to take photos of the ones we ate 
because we were so busy savoring the lovely tastes.
Here's a shot of the Kool Shaves kiosk instead :)

Kool Shaves' other flavors include Green Tea Freeze (I think I'd try that one next time), Ube Frost, and Choco Alps. Aside from the ATC, you can find these yummy goodies at the Pergola Mall in BF Homes Paranaque and at SM Southmall in Las Pinas.

Oh, and hey, they also provide packages for party needs! For more info, visit their website at  http://www.koolshaves.com

No comments: