Friday, April 23, 2010

Manila F.A.M.E. International -- Proudly Filipino!



I visited the opening of Manila F.A.M.E. International yesterday at the World Trade Center. The exhibits are AWESOME!!! I had to linger longer at some of the booths to better appreciate and even touch some of the items. As a result, I ran out of time to tour the whole place. I plan to come back tomorrow or Sunday just to feast my senses again on those beautifully-made, proudly-Filipino designs.

Here’s sharing with you some (okay, a lot!) of the things that caught my eyes. I wanted to bring most of them home with me -- if only I could! Unfortunately, majority of the items are sold in bulk and to foreign buyers only since they are export products. But I was told by some of the booth owners that they will be selling some of their stuff when the trade show becomes open to the general public this Saturday and Sunday (April 24-25).


Adorable candles designed by Dr. Marichu Carstensen of Doc's Candles
Check out my gallery of pics to see other designs 
like the "Faberge eggs", wax Titanic, flowers, tea party series, 
fruits and vegetables, and many more.


Pretty lamps made with organza fabric seen 
at the Asia Embroidery, Inc. booth. 
They also have felt throw pillows with different colorful designs,
masks, gift boxes and exceedingly eye-catching fabric curtains.
More pics of their products at the gallery.


Here are some of the fine home furnishings at the
I love the dolls they placed on top of some of their furniture pieces. 
More pics of their products here.


Wonderful bags available at the Heldred Export International booth.
They also have bags made of capiz and shells 
as well as eye-catching necklaces.
See more of their products at my picture gallery.

This pretty "curtain" is made from cute paper products.
I took this photo at the GSG by Flora Creatives booth.
More pictures of their products here.


Sparkling jewelry at the Avatar booth.
I've actually featured its owner, Mr. Gil Carungay a few years back


Here's one of the several breathtaking stylized displays 
found all over the venue where prototypes of products were highlighted


Native wedding garb by Ben Farrales at the Icons corner

I’ve only posted a few choice photos in this blog but you can see more at the gallery I posted here. Do catch Manila F.A.M.E. tomorrow and Sunday and go window shopping or buy some of the available products for sale! Take in all wonderful sights, sounds, colors, textures, and experience that the April 2010 edition offers. Please take note that there is a P200 entrance fee per person.

For more info about Manila F.A.M.E. International, please visit  http://www.manilafame.com


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, thanks for dropping by 'Awesome Pinoys'. I like this post of yours. It's amazing what Pinoys can do.