Monday, October 04, 2004



Nickelodeon's Get Up, Get Out and Go Play!

Last Saturday was indeed a day of fun. I brought Josh and Daniel to The Fort where the World Day of Play was held. The kids had fun with the games. They tried out the Velcro-like suit where they got plastered on the wall. I can’t wait to have my film developed so I can post one shot here. It was so funny coz Daniel got stuck sideways while Josh was grinning ear to ear beside him.

We also fell in line (for almost 2 hours!) just so they’d be able to try the trampoline thingy with the stretching ropes where you bounce up high into the air. Too bad, Daniel got scared after two bounces and asked to quit. And good thing the long wait wasn’t wasted when Josh got in the harness and jumped to his heart’s content.

They were given free shirts with the WDoP logo. I discouraged them from trying out the slimy slides and kiddie pools though where there was green goo all over. I was afraid they might catch cold getting so wet and the weather not being as sunny as expected since it rained a little on and off the whole afternoon.

I took lots of pictures so they’ll have souvenirs of a memorable day. It was nice to see them happily enjoying childhood without the problems that we adults face most days. They will have enough of those when they grow up. At least, happy memories such as these cannot be taken away from them. And by then I hope they’d think that I gave them as much opportunities as possible to be just kids while they were still young.

No comments: