- The best way to wash vegetables is to soak them for one hour in a basin filled with 5 cups of water and 1 tbsp of vinegar.
- Cilantro, which has a healthy dose of chlorophyll, can remove toxic chemicals, such as heavy metals, from the body. Blend it with water then drink immediately after blending. Have one glass every day for 10 days then take 5 days off. Repeat this for 5 cycles. (More about this in Lia's website, here).
- Turmeric is a great detoxifier. Take 1500mg/day but do not drink it along with other supplements.
|recipe for a turmeric smoothie|
- Oregano oil is the number one cure for food poisoning. Oregano tea is great for coughs.
- Malunggay is much better than Vitamin C supplements. It won't make your tummy acidic.
- Eggplant can help weight loss. One cup only contains 35 calories. It has health, nutritional, and home beauty benefits.
- Coconut oil is still best for frying because olive oil can secrete toxins at high temperatures.
- Coco sugar has a low glycemic index. This is the best option instead of highly processed sugars.
- Freeze portions of fruits (e.g. pineapple, mango, bananas) by batches then blend with other foods to make instant smoothies. Use coconut water and add camote tops to make them more nutritious. "Making smoothies should not stress you out. Otherwise, it's no longer mindful eating," reminded Lia.
|the coconut has benefits from its fruits down to the roots|
- Nature gives us ideas through shapes and colors of foods. For instance, tomatoes are red and good for the blood. In contrast, the coconut looks like a human head and a walnut looks like a brain. What do you think they are good for? :)