Monday, February 17, 2014

Restaurant Review: B&P in Mandaluyong City



We all have our favorite comfort foods with some dating back to our childhood. For sisters Bea and Pia, mornings in their home with their grandma's cooking wafting from the kitchen always bring back happy memories. This led them to conceptualize a restaurant that serves hearty comfort food specialties that include all-day breakfast fares, premium entrees, and heart-warming desserts.


B&P is the newest casual dining establishment located along Shaw Boulevard (across S&R) in Mandaluyong City. This resto is the latest brand from the Cravings Group that aims to fulfill customers' gastronomic longings.

I had the chance to sample some of B&P's fares and found many of them to be really good. Here are some of the dishes you may also want to try when you visit:


The Creole Style Eggs (P290) is a dish made with two poached eggs topped with beef patty, melted Swiss cheese, and a rich spicy buttermilk cream sauce. For me, it was a new way to eat eggs in the morning.


Speaking of eggs, I also got to try Baxter (P175) which is scrambled egg topped with grilled onions, spinach, mushroom, and avocado. I enjoyed eating the egg and mushroom but found the avocado a bit unripe for my taste. 


Fans of Baby Back Ribs (P390) should try B&P's because the meat of the grilled pork belly marinated in a special sauce is really tender and very tasty. 


The Primera Tapa (P280) reminded me of Korean bibimbap because of the serving dish but this one is very Pinoy in flavor. It's got premium Angus Beef tapa served on a bed of garlic rice, scrambled egg, and pickled relish. Really good!


Love pasta? B&P serves Baked Macaroni (P190) with bolognese, béchamel, and cheese sauce. Another must try.


I didn't take a bite of the Salmon Hash and Eggs (P290) though because I didn't feel like eating fish that day but I heard it tastes good. This one has fresh salmon sautéed with garlic, peppers, onions, and served with a side of homemade fries. 


For dessert, we were served with two kinds of pancakes. I sliced a portion of the Pancake Supreme (P210) because I love fruits and it's got a lot of my favorite ones. The five layers of pancake was filled with strawberry, blueberry, banana, orange, and mango. It was served with whipped butter and assorted syrup.


I was already full by then so I didn't try the Triple Decker (P220) anymore. That decision I regretted when I found out what's in it. The pancakes are filled with Nutella, fresh banana, and caramel then topped with whipped cream. I'll probably order one the next time I visit B&P so I'd know how Nutella would taste like with pancakes.


When it comes to refreshments, I'm giving two thumbs up to the Strawberry Lemon Quench (P110) that has real strawberry bits and unique pearls that, when bitten, has flavorful liquid that would burst inside your  mouth. I like how each serving of these coolers come in sealed bottles that one could pour on glasses filled with ice. I am definitely going back to B&P for those again!


There are more dishes on the menu that have to wait until a next visit. Make sure you also drop by, not only to sample the fares, but also to savor the warm ambiance inside the restaurant. It is homey and stylish, which makes it a great, cozy hang-out place with people who matter, like family and friends. 

We were told that B&P is coming up with a digital menu and WiFi soon so guests can simply "swipe" for their orders and also get to post photos of their favorite dishes on their social media accounts. 

B&P's operating hours are from 7AM to 12MN, Sundays to Thursdays and 7AM to 2AM on Fridays and Saturdays. For updates, like and follow @bnphome on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.


No comments: