Saturday, January 25, 2014

I Still Would Have Chosen You -- Thoughts of a Parent with a Special Needs Child



I was supposed to be writing something else for this blog today but chanced upon a shared link on Facebook by my friend Michelle, who also has a child with special needs like I do. I loved how the author, Terri Banish, worded her thoughts and was compelled to share it here -- for you, my fellow parents, who also have special children and who know exactly what this poem is talking about.


"If before you were born, I could have gone to heaven and saw all the beautiful souls, I still would have chosen you...

If God had told me, "This soul would one day need extra care and needs," I still would have chosen you...

If He had told me, "This soul may make your heart bleed," I still would have chosen you...

If He had told me, "This soul would make you question the depth of your faith," I still would have chosen you...

If He had told me "This soul would make tears flow from your eyes that could fill a river," I still would have chosen you...

If He had told me "This soul may one day make you witness overbearing suffering," I still would have chosen you...

If He had told me, "All that you know to be normal would drastically change," I still would have chosen you…

Of course, even though I would have chosen you, I know it was God who chose me for you." Terri Banish

If you enjoyed reading this and would like more encouraging pieces, you can check out an old this blog site I made for my son (that I, unfortunately, can't update much anymore due to my hectic schedule) and where I've posted a lot of inspiring write ups that I've collected over the years.

Thanks for visiting! Have a blessed and happy weekend! :)


No comments: