Friday, July 27, 2012

Experience an Avalanche of Flavors at Figaro This August!



Starting August 1, four new refreshing drinks will be served in all Figaro branches. I got to taste test all of them and here are my verdicts ...

The White Chocolate Mocha Frost is purely yum! For me, it has the right balance of sweetness which makes it really nice to drink. 


I found the Choco Chips Java Frost a bit too strong for me as I am not really fond of chocolates. But I'm sure chocolate lovers would choose this one over the others any time.


The Figaroccino Caramel Chips drink tasted a bit like the White Chocolate Mocha Frost. This one though has tiny chocolate bits that add texture to the beverage and make it fun to drink.


Lastly, we also got to taste the Figaroccino Cookie Crumble that's made with Oreo crumbs. This one, I think would be a big hit with my kids.


Aside from the new drinks, don't forget to order one of the complete meals Figaro also offers if you're there during lunch or dinner. Try the Chicken Barbecue or the Fish Fillet. Both come with veggies and tasty sauces. I like the fish dish better though because the mango and cucumber cubes jive nicely with the fish and pesto sauce. 



For dessert, we tried Figaro's Carrot Cake, a moist sponge cake with shredded carrots fudged with nutty and flavorful almond bits. It's too sweet for my taste so I just took a few small bites.  


There's also the Orange Coffee Cake, an orangey soft sponge cake baked with coffee flavored crumbs. It combines sweet and sour orange flavors with bittersweet coffee flavor. Both cakes are best eaten with a cup of steaming coffee by your side.


Hubby and I brought home a slice (P105) of each cake for the kids. I love Figaro's take-out packaging because the cakes's shapes were preserved well throughout our trip from Shangri-la Mall to our house in Alabang. 


Again, make sure you try out one, or all, of the newest cold beverages at Figaro starting August 1! They come in 16oz and 20oz cups and cost P130 and P150 respectively.


No comments: