Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pony Show Off: Digital Film & Poster Art Competition

I've always believed that Filipinos are one of the most talented races in the world. We have such a large pool of people who can take on creative challenges like Pony Footwear's digital video and poster art competition.

Dubbed as "Show Off", various designers and aspiring digital video makers interpreted Pony's tagline "Let's Get It On" using a large number of images, videos, designs, and short narratives. Hundreds of entries were submitted and showcased Filipino creativity and artistry to greater heights. Many of the entries were able to capture Pony's spirit and character.


Pony, for those who don't know, is an American brand of footwear that originated in Brooklyn, New York back in 1972. Since then, it has become a top global athletic brand and has been worn by winning athletes in the various fields of sports. Pony has also become associated with popular rebel rockers such as Korn, Staind, and Limp Bizkit who wear the clothing and footwear lines.

Poster Art First Place Winner
At the core of the Show Off competition are Pony's ideals which encourages individuality, freedom of expression, and living up to one's potentials. All the entries were posted on Pony's Facebook fan page and gathered online votes which made up 20% of the total score for each submission. The other 80% was divided into concept and story (50%) and visual impact (30%) scored by chosen judges.

Film First Place Winner 
Winners were announced and awarded last December 11 at 55 Events Place in Timog, Quezon City. Those who bagged the top prizes got the following: P40,000 cash plus P10,000 worth of Pony shoes for first placer; P20,000 cash and P5,000 worth of Pony shoes for the second placer; and P10,000 cash and P5,000 worth of Pony shoes for the third placer.

Trophies
The winners for the PONY SHOW OFF DIGITAL FILM CATEGORY:

1st Prize: Kevin Dayrit “Soundless Transposition”, 2nd Prize: Winson Rojo “Bold & Wild”, 3rd PRIZE: Vancleef Emnacen “Pony Tale: Sneaky Sneakers”


Bamboo, Jesus Genotiva, and Champ Lui Pio
The winners for the PONY SHOW OFF POSTER CATEGORY:
1st Prize: Jesus Genotiva “Rock n Roll”, 2nd Prize: Reuben Francis Vidanes “Dare:Grafitti Let’s Get It On”, 3rd Prize: Frederick Uy “Hot Dog”

Nani Naguit, Ramon Bautista, and Baron Geisler
The awarding ceremonies were hosted by Internet sensation, TV personality and film professor Ramon Bautista and renowned music video director Nani Naguit.

Absolute Play
Major awards were presented by celebrities and music icons such as Renz Fernandez, Devon of PBB Teen Clash, Champ Lui Pio, actor Baron Geisler and Bamboo.

Kitchie Nadal
Guests and participants were also treated to live performances from up and coming young band Absolute Play, rock princess Kitchie Nadal, and the lords of metal rock, Wolfgang.

Basti Artadi of Wolfgang
To see all the winning entries, please visit Pony Show Off's Facebook page.


Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails