Saturday, May 07, 2011

A Tribute to Moms Who Have Kids with Special Needs



Happy Mother's Day Moms!

Mommy Sorority

photo borrowed from usernetsite.com
It’s weird (in a good way) how a lot of women, who have met for the first time, could easily click and bond with one another when they find out they’re all moms. Having children, after all, can immediately spawn dozens of stories in a heartbeat. 

This is more so true when moms of kids with special needs meet. I’ve found so many kindred souls online who exactly know what I have gone, or are going, through with my son who has cerebral palsy. There are dozens of them I’ve yet to meet face-to-face but I feel this strong connection every time we exchange emails or comment on each other’s Facebook statuses. I always know they “get” me the same way I “get” them.

Please read the rest of this article here.

No comments: