Saturday, August 28, 2010

Happiness is ...



... finding two Anna Quindlen books I've been looking for -- in one store, on the same day, yesterday! Bless you Booksale Mall of Asia!


Finished reading both books before I went to sleep and they are as inspiring as her other non-fiction books I already have.

Here are a couple of beautiful quotes:

"You are the only person alive who has sole custody of your life. Your particular life. Your entire life. Not just your life at a desk, or your life on the bus, or in the car, or at the computer. Not just the life of your mind, but the life of your heart. Not just your bank account, but your soul. People don't talk about the soul very much anymore. It's so much easier to write a resume than to craft a spirit ..." - from A Short Guide to a Happy Life

"Look, every day, at the choices you are making, and when you ask yourself why you are making them, find this answer: Because they are what I want, or wish for. Because they reflect who and what I am." - from Being Perfect


My collection of Quindlen books minus the newest two

That makes it seven. Now, I've got to find me the remaining six Quindlen books I still haven't read :)

2 comments:

Connie said...

I LOVE Anna Quindlen! Have you read One True Thing? It's one of my faves. It's been turned into a movie (also my fave movie!)

Ruth Floresca said...

Hi Connie, I haven't read the book yet but saw the movie already. Still looking for a print copy :)