Friday, June 19, 2009

PETA vs. Obama over fly-killing: This is too much!



I'm all for protecting animals but I do hate certain bugs (take note, I like spiders!) and I've had my share of swatting flies and mosquitoes especially if they bother or bring potential harm to my family.
 
When I read about the news about PETA's reaction to President Obama killing a fly during an interview shown TV, my mouth was hanging open by the time I finished reading. 

C'mon! That borders on the ridiculous! I'd have to agree with this opinion piece that asks where should a line be drawn when it comes to the safety of animals?

Read the article I came across and watch the actual video if you haven't heard about this issue yet.

You'll also find there a link to PETA's clarified position where they said the media has exaggerated their statement. My point is, if they didn't make a flammable comment in the first place, they would not be receiving a lot of flak about it now. 

My two cents ...

No comments: