Friday, September 15, 2006



Mixed Emotions

*Sigh* I know, I know, I should be happy ... but I don't feel like jumping up and down right now.

See, I entered an online contest last week. It said on the website that the prize would be a Mac laptop, which I must say, I've been dreaming of for so long already! My PC is on its last legs and I'm fearfully anticipating this computer to keel over anytime soon. So imagine the anticipation that I could win that if I am just able to convince family and friends from the US to sign up for their promo. I think 8 people responded to my request ... they do have chances too to win free trips back to the Philippines.

So it was with wide-eyed wonder that I opened an email about an hour ago with the subject line "You won..." And my hopes deflated when the message continued "...free calls to US and Canada!" Argh, so where was the promised laptop?!

*Sigh again* It did specifically say on the website that the Sun Cellular call packs were prizes for the entries 2 weeks ago and that for last week, the grand prize was for a Mac. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers. And yes, I'm still thankful for this blessing ... it's just that ... you know ... okay, I'll shut up now ...

No comments: