Friday, July 15, 2016

Liwayway Marketing Corporation Celebrates 70th Year with Oishi Snacktacular 2016



I've been invited last year to Oishi Snacktacular 2015 but wasn't able to go. This year, I almost didn't make it again. Fortunately, my out-of-town trip has been rescheduled to later this month so I made time to join and experience how it is to have fun the Oishi O, Wow! way.

love this very creative photo booth!
Oishi Snacktacular 2016, held at the Music Hall of SM Mall of Asia, is an exciting event filled with innovative booths where walk-in guests can experience fun activities, taste Oishi goodies, and bring home lots of Oishi snacks. Celebrity sightings are also in store as members of Team O appear to the delight of their fans.

my paparazzi shot of #KathNiel 
My son and I were at the event opening yesterday (read his blog post about it, here) and enthusiastically joined all the activities. First, we went to the Make Your Own Snack booth where I chose potato chips and fries shaken with nori and wasabi powder. Yum!

make your own snack for only P20
Perfectly complementing the chips was a Smart C+ slushee in calamansi or pomelo flavor from the Slush C+ booth. Like their bottled beverage counterparts, both tasted really good and were very refreshing!

for P20, you get a refreshing drink from
the giant Smart C+ slushee dispensers 
Our next stop was the crowd favorite Snack Catcher booth where one can become a human claw for a day by being lowered to a giant pool of Oishi treats and … well ... just watch this video to see what I mean :) For a bird's eye view of the snack pool, view the video I uploaded on Write, Breathe, Live's Facebook page.

experience being a human claw for P200 
and take home all the treats you'll be able to grab!

I need more practice, though, because I only got to grab 52 pieces of snacks while my son got 82. The running record at the time was 110. O, Wow! indeed!

Gab was the better snack catcher between the two of us :)
I think I did better at the Snack Shack booth because we got to specifically choose our favorite Oishi treats, which we had to stuff into a 2-feet tall Oishi bag within one minute. There were no second thoughts as a stationed myself near the Gourmet Picks section and got several of my favorite Nori and Wasabi flavor as well as variants of Ridges Potato Chips :)

fill a giant bag with your top favorite Oishi treats for P295
Gab and I also stopped by the O-Twirl booth to get our Choco Chug ice cream fix. There were so many toppings to choose from but I opted for a Wafu Stick and Mobsters Popcorn. If there was more time, I would have gladly come back for a second helping because it tasted sooooo good!

have a cool dessert at the O-Twirl booth for P20
Lastly, we tried our hands (more like wings!) at the Cuckoo Blaster booth where we attempted to catch as many pingpong balls while wearing a Cuckoo suit. That was fun! I actually want to post three photos to simulate the Tatlong Bibe peg but most shots of me are too embarrassing to upload online hahaha.

isang bibe LOL
pay P100 to play and bring home more Oishi snacks! 
Visit Oishi Snacktacular 2016 while it's still ongoing at SM Mall of Asia and also get to catch members of Team O such as Ramon Bautista, Alex Gonzaga, Slater YoungElmo Magallona, Kathryn Bernardo, Daniel Padilla, and latest addition, Maine Mendoza.

Team O with event host Samantha Purvor
Don't forget to also view the interesting World of O, Wow! booth (complete set of photos, here) that chronicles the 70 successful years of Liwayway Marketing Corporation, the company behind Oishi, with glimpses of Oishi snacks that are unique to other countries like Pillows Buko from Vietnam, Pods Manchurian Style from India, and many more. 

Happy 70th Anniversary Liwayway Marketing Corporation!
Thank you Oishi and Team Bridges for an unforgettable afternoon!


No comments: