- Health Blessed (16%) are those who think they can stay healthy without needing to make any effort and feel they have extremely good overall health. They are more likely to be women with children who are satisfied with all aspects of life especially on family relationships, colleagues relationships, and level of happiness. For them, the important targets for life are saving for family, retirement, day-to-day finances, owning a property, etc.
- Health Starters (15%) perceive themselves to be in good health, acknowledge that effort is needed to maintain it, and regularly engage in one health-directed action such as exercising, meditating, or eating healthily. They are more equally likely to be male or female, with men more likely to focus solely on exercise and women only on diet. They are highly concerned about food ingredients and in maintaining healthy habits.
- Wellness Wonders (23%) are those who think they need to make an effort to be healthy and do multiple things (exercises, diet, relaxation, meditation) to keep themselves so. They are more likely to prefer being slim and to exercise rather than eat whatever they can or rest on the couch. They are the most likely of all segments to be satisfied with different aspects of life including their sleep, health, and relationships.
- Distracted (13%) feel unhealthy but think that personal health is important. Their barriers to being healthy are lack of motivation or being easily distracted. They are more likely to be single females who eat whatever they want than desire to stay slim, and would rather rest on the couch rather than exercise. They are the least satisfied among segments with their relationships, level of happiness, and levels of energy.
- Generation O (30%) are the unhealthy and overworked. They think personal health is extremely important but say they lack time due to work, family, health facilities, or budget. Their main goals for wellness are to be happy and avoid illness.
- Hedonists (3%) see themselves as unhealthy, think personal health is not that important, but think they enjoy life more than others. They are more likely to live in Manila, enjoying moments with less concern about food ingredients and will participate in 'unhealthy' activities. If forced to make a choice, they would prefer being attractive than being healthy. For them, the main target of wellness is being happy.
|if you suddenly have a health emergency tomorrow,|
how easy (or hard) would it be for you to find the money you need for
the medical expenses? Read my other blog post about being #FIT2LiveFree here