Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Kopiko Launches Low Acid 3-in-1 Coffee!



I am guilty of skipping breakfast most of the time. With my hectic work life, I think I have perfected the art of the get-up-and-go lifestyle right after I wake up and go through the usual grooming rituals. Still, even if I don't eat solids in the morning, I make sure to drink something hot to warm my tummy and usually resort to preparing a mug of chocolate milk for myself.

Iced coffee that's perfect for hot summer mornings!
I like drinking 3-in-1 coffee mixes but find that if I don't drink that with food, my stomach gets hyper acidic immediately after. So I only drink coffee if I have time to grab a sandwich or several spoonfuls of fried rice and viand to avoid the consequences.

According to statistics, millions of Filipinos drink coffee every day. In fact, an estimated 8 out of 10 Pinoys are said to drink at least 2 cups of either hot or cold coffee daily. It's not surprising since coffee does help perk up lazy mornings and sleepy afternoons.

Various studies have revealed in recent years that drinking coffee in moderation even helps reduce the risks for type 2 diabetes, Parkinson's and Alzheimer's disease, dementia, heart and cardiovascular diseases, stroke, and cancers of the liver, kidney, and prostate. 


Like me, while a lot of people would like to enjoy cup after cup of this stimulating brew, some cut back on consumption because it produces rumbles in the tummy that can be counterproductive to a very busy day.

Recently, I discovered Kopiko L.A. Coffee, the first low-acid coffee mix in the Philippines especially formulated to help coffee aficionados with sensitive tummies enjoy more cups of coffee. I've read that this variant is made from selected grade one coffee beans that undergo a controlled roasting process to reduce its acidity and make it smooth and stomach-friendly.

Michael Tandas, Kopiko brand manager expressed his excitement about launching L.A. Coffee, their latest innovation. "It's robust coffee aroma, light blend, creamy taste, and low acid level make Kopiko L.A. Coffee a healthier choice."


I agree. I like the taste of this coffee variant. It has a creamy, light blend that goes well with my taste buds as I don't enjoy drinking too bitter coffee brews. It also doesn't leave my tummy at war whenever I drink it without food and I can enjoy it hot or cold. If you tend to have a sour stomach like me, you may want to try this too!

Kopiko L.A. Coffee is available at all leading groceries and supermarkets nationwide at only P6.00 per sachet. It is manufactured by PT Mayora and distributed by TriDharma Marketing Corporation.


No comments: