Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Discovering the Wonders of Majayjay Falls



For me, some of the most majestic sights found in nature are mountains, coral reefs, and waterfalls. I am so grateful to behold two last week when some of my blogger friends and I visited Costales Nature Farms in Majayjay Laguna. You can read all about our farm tour, here.

first timer
Our second day in Majayjay found us eating a hearty and healthy breakfast before taking a short ten-minute ride towards Taytay Falls which is more popularly known as Majayjay Falls. We arrived there in the morning with some dew still clinging to leaves not directly in the path of sunlight.

easy trail going to the falls
Our guides led us towards a flight of stairs going down to the falls. I was expecting a narrow and muddy trail but was surprised that the way is paved with cement blocks! That made it very easy for us to descend the winding path. It was about 10 to 15 minutes walk, I'd guess. I didn't keep count as I was busy taking photos of the interesting foliage and mountain view we were passing by.

mountain view

And then, there it was. The falls was not as high as I thought it would be but it was nevertheless awe-inspiring. A few of my friends were brave enough to change clothes and plunge into the very cold waters. I kept my jacket on, still a bit shivering due to the cool morning wind, and just enjoyed getting my feet wet as I  joined others in posing for pictures with the gushing waters behind us.

ninja poses just for fun
Majayjay Falls is well-kept. Some thoughtful souls even tied a rope from one end of the man-made pool to the other to help swimmers keep afloat while crossing the deep places. My friends and I had a lot of fun taking photos of ourselves and everything else we saw there.

happy faces
It was indeed an experience not to be easily forgotten. As I mentioned in my previous post, I wish my family was with me to enjoy the wonderful sights Majayjay has to offer its visitors. We really have to go there together soon. 

enjoying nature
What's great is that we can stay overnight at Costales Nature Farms, have our meals there, and even tour the neighboring areas at the same time. FYI, Liliw, Laguna, where beautiful and very affordable slippers and sandals are sold, as well as Paete, Laguna, where you can buy very nice wood carvings, can be easily reached from this town.

making memories
It's obvious from all the photos how much we enjoyed ourselves. I love trips like these! I hope there'd be other blogging events in the coming days that are as fun as this one had been :) Please refer to this blog post to get the contact details of Costales Nature Farms and inquire about their rates and tour packages.


No comments: