Saturday, August 06, 2011

Discovering Tasty Treats at Wing Hub Metrowalk



As a young girl, I remember always getting the drumstick when I eat chicken dishes. I actually don’t know why but I guess it’s because that chicken part is the most convenient to eat. You just grab the thinner end and chomp down on the meaty part.

When I got older, my preferences shifted. Now, every time we have lechon manok at the dinner table, I tend to go for the wings. I find them tastier than the rest of the chicken. So it was with excitement that I went with hubby the other day to try out the offerings of a fairly new restaurant in Metrowalk, Ortigas called Wing Hub


There, we met the three talented chefs whose names are nicely incorporated in the establishment’s logo. Chef Drew, Chef Humphrey, and Chef Manoj (shown in photo above) cordially welcomed us to the place. We chatted for a while about the types of food they offer and found out that they not only serve wings but also other treats that would entice the palates of young and old alike. It's a really nice and cozy place that's perfect for family and friends who love eating out.

Big fiberglass airplane hanging from the ceiling

We got to taste the Fish and Chips first and I must say this is different from the other types of fish and chips I’ve tasted before. The chips are actually potato wedges, unlike the usual French fries cut that other eating places serve. The fish is covered in a light coating of batter made with dark beer which gave it a unique and yummy taste.

Fish and Chips - P195

Next, we got to try three variants of their Chicken Wings which are served in whole pieces. Chef Drew told us what sets these wings apart from other wing dishes served in other restaurants. They make everything from scratch such that (I hope I remember it right) the marinade has 12 different ingredients, the batter/breading has 10, and the sauces has 14! So that’s the secret why the wings we tried are flavorful right down to the bones!

Buffalo Whole Wings - P195

Taiwanese Whole Wings - P195 

Garlic Parmesan Whole Wings - P195

Those who like to eat burgers would be delighted with the Black Box Trio Burger which has beef, chicken, and lamb in three different kinds of buns. Yum!

 Black Box Trio Burger - P275

When you visit the Wing Hub, don’t forget to also try their Tandoori Chicken Wrap that has chicken and humus with a lovely-tasting mango sauce. It’s really delicious and very filling. Half would already serve as a good snack for me.

Tandoori Chicken Wrap - P175

If the pictures above have already given you an appetite, wait ‘til you get to dessert! Wing Hub serves Blueberry and Strawberry Cheesecakes and Choco Chip Pudding made by no other than the world-famous pastry Chef Ernie Babaran! I’m not a big fan of chocolate (I'm sure though that chocolate lovers would be  ecstatic when they taste this) so I only took a tiny spoonful of the pudding but I was the one who finished off a large chunk of the blueberry cheesecake which happens to be one of my favorite desserts. That's a terrific way to cap off a hearty meal in my opinion.

Blueberry Cheesecake - P165

Choco Chip Pudding - P165

The next time I visit Wing Hub, I’ll try their other dishes like the Crispy Baby Squid, 747 Indonesian Spareribs, and Spaghetti in Bolognaise Sauce plus other flavors of the chicken wings such as Hawaiian, Pinoy Barbeque, Peri-Peri and Thai. 

Craving for any of these dishes now? Call City Delivery at 87-878 to have your orders delivered to your doorstep. For other questions, you can give Wing Hub a ring at 661-5307. Happy eating!:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I wonder if Wing Hub is an affiliate of Wing Stop in the States. The logo sure looks similar. Although, Wing Stop only serves bone-in and boneless wings, fries, and some sides. My fave: lemon pepper.