Thursday, September 08, 2016

Converse Philippines Launches Counter Climate Sneakers for Its Fall/Holiday 2016 Collection



The rainy (and stormy) days are here again. And I am sure all of us have experienced, at one time or another, having our feet and shoes soaked in puddles and flash floods. Very inconvenient, right? Especially if you have to endure wet socks inside wet shoes while caught in heavy traffic or walking ankle deep in floodwaters just to get to your destination.

wearing my Converse CTAS II Shield Canvas sneakers
Last year, I fortunately discovered the benefits of wearing the stylish and waterproof Converse Rubber Chucks (read my review, here) and I continue to feel grateful when I have them on during rainy days. That pair has saved my feet (and my other shoes) countless times including one Friday night a couple of weeks ago when heavy rain caused so much traffic, the bus I was riding on got stuck on the Skyway for two hours! Because I was wearing my Rubber Chucks, I eventually got down and confidently walked the remaining 2km going to Magallanes, not minding the puddles and mud other people were studiously avoiding.

some of the pairs from the Counter Climate collection 
This 2016, Converse launches its Counter Climate line featuring more fashionable and waterproof sneakers that protect wearers' feet from the elements. I feel fortunate to be test driving the Converse Chuck Taylor All Star (CTAS) II Shield Canvas with a water-resistant upper and Nike Lunarlon cushioning that provides superior comfort.

Nike Lunarlon cushioning in middle shoe
Like my trusty Rubber Chucks, I fell in love with the Shield Canvas in black/volt/gum colors because it has a very nice design that I can mix and match with a lot of outfits I have. Aside from black, these sneakers come with an extra pair of shoelaces with bits of reflector threads that help keep me visible at night when vehicle headlights strike them.

Converse Counter Climate apparel collection
The CTAS II Shield Canvas (high cut) is available in six color combinations, which you can view, here. It is priced at P4,550 and comes in men's sizes 7 to 11. Unfortunately, my female readers, I heard that Converse Philippines won't be releasing women's sizes in the stores :/

Converse Cons
However, there are a lot of other Counter Climate sneaker designs you can choose from. Just visit any Converse store to scout for a favorite color and design. Plus, stand by for the Pre-Holiday Sale happening this coming September 12 - 18, 2016 in all Converse shops nationwide!

The Dawn sporting Converse sneakers
During the press preview held at Sky High Bar at Ace Hotel and Suites in Pasig City, we not only got to have a sneak peek of Converse's latest and coolest shoes and apparel designs, we also had the pleasure of listening to a live mini-concert by The Dawn whose members, by the way, were also happily wearing Converse sneakers.

Converse Philippines endorsers
Also present during the event were Converse endorsers and GMA stars Julie Ann San Jose, Bianca Umali, and Benjamin Alves.

there are also Jack Purcell pairs in the collection!
So, the question remains … are you tired of having cold feet, literally, every time it rains? I strongly recommend that you grab yourself a pair from the Converse Counter Climate Fall/Holiday 2016 Collection. You won't regret it, promise!


No comments: