Wednesday, June 17, 2015

It's #MagnumNowOrNever! Say Goodbye to Magnum Manila Before It Closes in July 2015



It was in April 8, 2014 when the hallway of Sky Park in SM Aura began to be filled with long lines of people, day after day, all eager to have a taste of Magnum Manila's Belgian chocolate creations.  I was there one week before the store opened and personally experienced how fun it is to Make My Magnum.

preserving a Magnum memory
The concept of bringing the ultimate Magnum brand experience to the Philippines was a big hit. But, like they said in the very beginning, Magnum Manila is just a pop-up store and will only be around for a year. It is a special brand activation that has also previously opened and already closed in London, Paris, Brazil, and other cities around the world.

Crepe de Jour
Make My Magnum allowed pleasure-seekers to take their favorite ice cream bar and turn it into a unique masterpiece according to their liking. Aside from this, customers indulged in Belgian chocolate creations of award winning pastry chef Miko Aspiras who made new ones recently just before Magnum Manila finally closes its doors. 

Campfire S'Mores
So make sure to try the Crepe de Jour, Campfire S'Mores, Magnum Popcorn, Make My Heart Melt, and the Magnum Anniversary Cake soon! Each one will awaken your taste buds with various pops of flavors. To date, Magnum Manila has used over 6,820 pounds of chocolate!

Magnum Popcorn
Likewise, there are the savory dishes prepared by Chef Him Uy de Baron. I recently had the Carbonara with Bacon and Sous Vide Egg for lunch and it was creamy and delicious. I would have loved to try the Magnum Burger but I don't think I can finish it by myself. Thus, I'm planning to come back soon with one of my sons so I'd have someone to share a burger with. I heard it is really juicy. 

Carbonara with Bacon and Sous Vide Egg
I would definitely miss Magnum Manila with its warm ambiance and the sleek modern interiors designed by Ed Calma. Oh, and did you know that for 15 months, the Philippine store has become a global benchmark for Magnum pop-up stores around the world such that other Southeast Asian pop-up stores have been patterned after Magnum Manila?

Make My Heart Melt

Named as one of the top restaurants of 2014 for dessert, Magnum Manila indeed had an amazing run. But, as they say, all great things must come to an end. The store is due to close by July 26, 2015 and the Magnum team expressed that their greatest pleasure was to have been given the opportunity to create a remarkable experience for everyone who dropped by in the past year. 

Magnum Anniversary Cake
If you haven't visited the store yet, it's not yet too late! Be part of the special pop-up experience before July 26 and experience your ultimate Belgian chocolate indulgence. Remember, it's #MagnumNowOrNever


No comments: