Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Satisfy Your Appetite Every Weekend with Cravings' Fresh Picks Specials



Weekends are the best times to go out with our loved ones because the kids don't have school and most parents don't need to go to work. This coming Saturday or Sunday, plan to satisfy your appetites at Cravings in a weekend buffet that refreshes and satisfies, with a variety of dishes using freshly picked ingredients from the farm to your table.


Fresh Picks Weekend Buffet is currently ongoing in Cravings' three flagship branches located in Katipunan, Shangri-la Plaza Mall, and Molito in Alabang. Get to experience Cravings' Mongolian and soup and salad buffet, unlimited juice, and a choice of grilled item for only P550++ during weekend lunches and dinners.    



My second son and I visited the Shangri-la Mall branch recently and I enjoyed tasting both the Egg Drop Soup and Cream of Potato Soup. We had the option to put toppings such as fried noodles, croutons, pesto, and potato skin, which added texture and more flavor.

Mongolian Bowl, Egg Drop Soup, and Salad
I also loaded up on the fresh veggies and made myself a salad drizzled with my favorite vinaigrette dressing. I could actually eat a full meal with just salad on my plate … just multiply it by three to four servings :)

Mongolian station
Fresh Picks also includes access to the Mongolian Buffet which intimidated me a little because of a past experience in another restaurant. I didn't know how to properly balance the amount of ingredients and sauce I should put in! The last time I tried, my Mongolian bowl ended up too salty.

Chef cooking my chosen Mongolian ingredients
The good news is, Craving's chef at the Mongolian station was very helpful and encouraging. Based on the amount of veggies and noodles I piled on my bowl, he suggested I only pour a scoop of teriyaki sauce and half a scoop of the hoisin sauce. Imagine my delight when the cooked Mongolian bowl was served on our table and it tasted fantastic! 

Unlimited juices
Along with the unlimited choices, including juices, customers also get to choose one grilled item from this list: Pork Steak, Salmon with Malunggay Sauce, Two Pieces of Prawns, Chicken ala Pobre, Stuffed Squid, and T-bone Steak. I opted for the prawns and was pleasantly surprised to find out that it was grilled. I think it was my first time to really be able to savor the smoky flavor on prawns. Loved it!

Some of the grilled items to choose from 
Cravings' Fresh Picks is priced at P550++ per person but you can avail of pre-selling coupons for P495/head or make an advance reservation to avail of the P500/head price for a minimum of 4 diners. This promo is valid for dine-in only and is not valid in conjunction with other promos and discounts except for senior citizens.

Salad station
Although they were not included on the buffet offering, my son and I capped off our delicious and tummy-filling meal with cups of Australia's Premium Di Bella Coffee and shared a round serving of Cravings' Ultimate Carrot Cake. Perfect ending!


Buffet schedules are from 11AM - 2PM and 5PM - 9PM. For more information, inquiries, and advance reservations, simply call Cravings Katipunan (441-6529), Cravings Shangri-la Plaza (635-6088), and Cravings Molito (556-0927). Happy food tripping! :)


No comments: