Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Movie Review: World War Z



I normally do not watch scary movies and try to avoid suspenseful ones that have the potential to make me jump and scream (to the delight of my crazy friends) inside the cinema. But I decided to catch World War Z because, hello, Brad Pitt is in it! LOL 


Kidding aside, I was intrigued by the trailer that shows a multitude of zombies jumping, chasing, and terrorizing people. I couldn't help but wonder if a plague like that could really happen in the real world.

And so off I went to the premier last night with my husband and two of our close blogger friends. Despite some heart stopping moments, including one when I literally yelled in surprise during one scene (and provided the guys much entertainment, darn it!), I could say that this movie is an awesome one that is not to be missed!


Follow the journey of United Nations agent Gerry Lane (Pitt) who travelled to different places to find a cure while risking his own, and his companions' lives, to save the lives of many.

The story, in my opinion, is well-written and made greater by Pitt's acting prowess. Expect to feel fear, compassion, and jubilation as you join other viewers in a roller coaster ride of fast-paced action scenes that will leave you hanging on to the edge of your seats.


World War Z also stars Mireille Enos as Karen, Gerry's wife, Daniella Kertesz as a female Israeli soldier, James Badge Dale as Captain Speke, U.S. Army special forces officer, David Morse as Gunter Haffner, a prisoner living in an abandoned jail, Ludi Boeken, Fana Mokoena, Abigail Hargrove as Rachel, Gerry's daughter, and many more international stars.

World War Z is a Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions presentation directed by Marc Forster. It is distributed by United International Pictures through Solar Entertainment Corporation. It starts showing at your favorite theaters and cinemas today, June 19.

If you want to read more of the movie's backgrounder, check out the press release posted in my other blog.


No comments: