Saturday, July 02, 2011

A Lovely Lunch at RECIPES



I love Filipino food! There's something comforting about eating stuff that I grew up with which my mom or grandma used to cook like fried tilapia, escabeche, and kare-kare. It was doubly nice to discover food I like that is cooked with a new twist.

I'm talking about RECIPES' Fried Tilapia with Tamarind Sauce. I was pleasantly surprised how good that tasted! What's more, I like how the fish is prepared because the meat is already pre-cut so you just have to spear each piece with a fork and bite.

Crispy Tilapia with Tamarind Sauce - P220

Crispy Tilapia Escabeche - P220

I tried more dishes in RECIPES and also found them delicious. The Crispy Bangus comes sliced and fried to lightly crisped perfection without the usual fish bones that are bothersome to remove.

General's Chicken with Eggplant - P210

Crispy Bangus - P185

I don't like spicy food very much but that didn't stop me from sampling the Prawns with Aligue and the Gising-Gising. They are very tasty so I just compensated the hot feeling in my mouth with lots of rice and sips of my green mango shake hahaha. But I'm sure my hubby would tackle those with gusto! 

Prawns with Aligue - P310

Gising-Gising - P165

Kare-Kare P338

Lechon Kawali with Kangkong - P210

Visit one of their branches to sample various Pinoy and Asian flavors that will surely tickle your palate. There's something in the menu for everybody in the family.

Let's eat! :)

Recipes by Metro Cafe can be found in Greenbelt 3, Alabang Town Center, Trinoma, Robinsons Place Manila, and Shangri-la Plaza Mall. It will have a new branch opening soon in Newport, Resorts World in Pasay City.

No comments: