Monday, May 09, 2011

My Great GRAN PRIX Experience



I seldom get to take days off lately from family duties. I think the last time I had some genuine “me” time was … darn, I can’t remember! 

So when I was invited to a blogger’s party and overnight stay at the Gran Prix Hotel & Suites Manila last Friday night by OrangeMagazineTV, I eagerly jumped at the chance to unwind with old friends and meet new ones. To say that I had a blast would be an understatement. The much welcome break turned out much more fun than I expected!


It was nice to be with fellow moms, single ladies, and several funny guys. We were able to easily bond thanks to the relaxing ambiance of the place and the wacky games that the organizers cooked up after we all had a delicious dinner prepared by Chef Greg of the Namayan Restaurant located at the 7th and top floor of the building.




I like how there is a wide variety of choices when it comes to room sizes and amenities. People can choose from a small room with a single bed and shared bathroom to family rooms (my kids would love the double deck!), to rooms with two beds, and rooms with a big bed for couples. You can also opt for a room with a bathtub or just a shower area in the CR.


Upon entry, you’ll be greeted by a feeling of freshness which, I believe, has something to do with the pristine white pillows and crisp, clean sheets on the bed. Folded neatly on the foot of the bed would be a towel with personal hygiene items such as soap, shampoo, toothbrush, and toothpaste in sachets. What I also noticed instantly are the colorful paintings found in each room as well as along the hallways which add a relaxed feel to the place.


The rates are reasonable. I, for one, don’t believe in splurging on accommodations when there are more affordable options that offer basic amenities but are clean and comfortable nevertheless. I have honestly found that combination at Gran Prix Manila.


I shared a room with my charming friend Cathy. We have a bed each that has the right firmness and which helped us sleep well that night. Due to our busy bonding time with friends at Namayan's roof deck area until the wee hours of the morning, we were not able to watch TV much but we did have one in our room.


I was able to use the desk and chair though to check my emails and finish some urgent writing deadlines. I also appreciate the place having a good WiFi connection which, I’m sure, many clients also look for when booking accommodations.

Before summer ends and another school year starts, I’m planning to take my family to an overnight stay at Gran Prix Manila so we can unwind a little away from home. I’d love my boys to sample the yummy dishes at Namayan and have an experience viewing Manila’s night life up close from the roof deck.


My husband and I are also talking about us and the kids joining World Food Program’s Walk the World event, an advocacy that aims to end hunger, on May 29 (more details about it to be posted soon) which starts at 5 a.m. And since MOA, the activity’s venue, is near Gran Prix Pasay, we might stay there on the night of the 28th so we won’t have to travel so early all the way from Alabang on the event day itself.

Too, when our still-in-planning family Boracay trip finally pushes through within the year, we’ll surely be booking a couple of rooms at the Gran Prix Boracay Hideaway. I’m glad I found out about this chain of econotels because it’s really hard to budget for a vacation when you have six family members to spend for.

Know more about all the Gran Prix branches by visiting the following links:

Gran Prix Hotel & Suites Cebu
Gran Prix Boracay Hideaway – check out their Summer Barkadahan Promo (under the Packages tab) which is ongoing until May 31st!


I like their website. It’s very organized and user-friendly. Visitors would be able to easily find what they’re looking for such as accommodation options, rates, facilities, location description and accessible establishments, including a map to the place. 

Aside from the online reservation tab at the top, you’ll also find a link at the bottom of each page where you can book your stay online with just a few clicks. 

From my own experience, I can truthfully say that what you’ll see inside Gran Prix Manila are the same as what are there in the nice pictures posted on their website and the ones I've taken myself. It’s really nice to know that families and travelers with tight budgets can still have a restful sleep away from home at any Gran Prix branch in the country. Now you know where to go :)

No comments: