Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Have a Truly Good Day (or Night) at Buon Giorno!



I discovered a new place in the Ortigas area where families and friends could hang out and enjoy delicious food and drinks. Several friends and I were invited to sample the sumptuous fares offered at Buon Giorno  Caffe and Bistro located at the Rockwell Business Center. It’s just beside The Medical City and near the Meralco Theater.


We were warmly welcomed by Mr. Mark Floro, the owner, who shared with us the history of their restaurant. Buon Giorno is actually a popular establishment in Tagaytay and I’m sure frequent visitors of that branch who live in Manila would be glad to know that their favorite eating place has just become more accessible. 


There, we got to taste several items on their menu. I love how the Bevanda (Drinks) were served. I ordered a Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie and it came with a piece of strawberry and a tiny umbrella! The taste is not too sweet which is just the way I like it. I couldn’t resist taking photos of the drinks my tablemates ordered. Each was beautifully presented with slices of different fruits depending on the flavor they ordered. 


Next, we were served Zuppe (Soup). Mine was one of the best mushroom soups I’ve ever tasted in a long time. Unlike the usual mushroom soups that are creamy white with bits of mushrooms floating in it, Buon Giorno’s Mushroom Soup was a thick brownish gray which, I think, was made by running the mushrooms in a blender. The result is a concoction that is bursting with real mushroom flavor.


We were also served pizza in New York and another flavor that escapes me at the moment. What I remember though was the crisp crusty dough that thin crust pizza lovers would definitely love.


The buffet table was laden with more delicious dishes that had us salivating while we first took photos of each. I fell in love with Buon Giorno’s Special Insalata (Salad) drizzled with their well-revered house dressing called MarLinJo (which stands for Mark, Linda, and Jonathan of the Floro family). I would have come back for more if not for the other tasty offerings waiting to be sampled.


I found the Seafood Puttanesca too spicy for my taste but I am positive that my husband would have eaten a lot if he had been with me that night. The Cream Dory Fish tasted lovely with both the Lemon Cream Sauce and Three Fruit Salsa.


If you love paella, go for Buon Giorno’s Chicken and Mushroom Risotto which is white (instead of red) and is bursting with a lot of flavor. Unfortunately, I think my palate was already overwhelmed when I tasted the Canneloni Spinaci because I can’t recall what it tasted like! 


However, the star of the night would have to be the Beef Wagyu with Shittake Mushroom Gravy. If I were to rate it in a scale of 1 to 10, I’d readily say it scored 15 for me. It was that delicious especially if paired with mashed potatoes and veggies!


Come Dolci (Dessert) time, our table was served with four sweet items: Chocolate Pistachio Sansrival, Blueberry Cheesecake, Molten Chocolate Cake, and Apple Strudel. It would be an understatement to say we were stuffed by the time we finished tasting everything. 


Visit Buon Giorno with your loved ones. Enjoy the lovely ambiance, the beautiful food plating, and friendly service and you’re sure to leave the place with smiles on your faces. My friends and I did :) 

For more photos of Buon Giorno's mouthwatering dishes, visit the photo album I uploaded in my Facebook page.

No comments: