Saturday, October 09, 2010

Two Useful Articles for Parents



Did you know that every person has 8 kinds of intelligences and that the dominant intelligences play a role in our individual book selections? Read my article entitled Book Smart which came out in yesterday's issue of Manila Bulletin. There, you'll be able to check what are the foremost intelligences your child has and how these can help you better choose books that would get him/her to read more.

Last week, another article I wrote came out. If you are a parent of a baby or very young child, you may want to know more about the do's and don'ts in preventing Shaken Baby Syndrome.

BTW, in case you're curious, here's the video I was talking about in the article. WARNING, don't watch if you have a queasy stomach. When I chanced upon this video on Facebook, (I hope people who shared this with others had given some kind of warning, I thought it was just a cute clip! Argh!) I wanted to stop looking a minute or so after the video started but I found myself forced to watch until the very end to see if the baby would still be alive after the end of the song :( I only watched this once and will never watch it again.

No comments: