Saturday, June 19, 2010

MAFBEX at the WTC



A good friend and I planned to drop by the Manila Food and Beverage Expo (MAFBEX) yesterday and we were glad we did! Aside from the yummy taste tests and discovery of new food and food-related products, we also tried out the free 20-minute sessions on heavenly massage chairs at the Markes of Canada booth. I felt all the aches and pains of the past week melt away from my whole body. I so wished that I could afford one of those chairs . Alas, I may have to wait for several years (or a lotto win? LOL) before I can and bring one home with me.

What caught my fancy the most though was a Taiwanese artist who painted letters and names with such flair and speed. I got curious enough to also have one made of my family's surname. The details are exquisite!

See this video that my friend Reby took when the guy painted FLORESCA. It took him less than 3 minutes to finish everything down to framing it. Awesome!



Aside from the precious frame, I went home lugging a bottle of sparkling juice, a big tetra pack of soya milk in mango and peach flavor, and a pack of tasty prawn crackers. I would have bought more if I could but I don't think my arms would be able to carry other extras.

Got home tired but very happy :)

No comments: