Tuesday, January 19, 2010



Real Leaf Paparazzi: Bonding Over Pizza

My kids are growing up very fast and they seem to be always hungry! This afternoon, after they arrived from school, we had homemade pizza.

The kids volunteered to put toppings on the small doughs and they (the small one, especially) went at it with gusto. We used pizza sauce, ham, smoked pepperoni (which we bought from Shopwise at only P26 per 100g), sliced button mushrooms, and (supposedly) quick melt cheese. Too bad I forgot to buy canned pineapples.

I bought small doughs because we only have a small toaster oven. We cooked the pizzas two at a time for around 10-12 minutes each. I was quite disappointed that the Che-Vital Quickmelt Cheese (which we tried for the first time) didn't melt! :(

Expectedly, the first two to "attack" the first batch of pizzas would be my two hungry young chefs :p We brought out the Real Leaf Iced Tea bottles that are chilling in the ref and which were the perfect drinks to match with the food. Funny how each of us has his/her own favorite Real Leaf flavor. Leland and I like the lychee variant, hubby and Josh like the lemon one while Daniel prefers the apple flavor :)

Before the two guys ate their second servings (we made 10 which was perfect for the five of us), Mom, Dad and Kuya ate our first pizzas too. I like the thought that the activity also taught my kids patience on the side :)

Of course, James, our child with special needs (who hates camera flashes these days) had a "snack" of his own -- via his feeding tube! :)

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Pahingi. :-)

liza b. said...

Your homemade pizza looks a lot yummier than the frozen pizza I bought last night. I have never tried Real Leaf and am quite surprised to know that it comes in different flavors. Hmmm... maybe next weekend...

Unknown said...

Vanni likes the strawberry flavor. Sarap naman ng family bonding nyo.

Anonymous said...

Your home made pizza seems healthier and yummier than what they sell in the stores! It is also a very good way to bond with the family! Thanks for this beautiful idea!

aileen S. said...

such a happy bonding time for the family. everyone's happy and full. cheers, sis!

joyce delovieres said...

Hi! I got to try these stuff. I don't how the pizza works and don't know how to cook that much either, Kitchen is not my favorite place. I love though the bonding time with the kids. Surely my cooking will will taste better because they got a hand in that too. No more "tastes like" jokes! I'll check out Real Leaf on my next grocery trip. Thanks!!

Karen said...

oh my! oh my! pizza's one of my super faves! what a nice treat at home... so excited to do this with yanna when she's big enough to enjoy the activity with us...i have to put oven now in my wishlist!

Lyra said...

Hey super mommy! I love homemade pizzas! Your kids are so lucky to have a mom like you! :)

farrah said...

what a happy family! magaya nga this weekend... i love Real Leaf, too, Ruth.

miwa said...

awwwww ginagawa rin namin yan nung bata pa kami. make your own pizza hehehe :)) and yang real leaf na honey lychee nakakaadik O_o

Jackie said...

yummy pizza! :) it's so nice to see kids helping out... such a great way to bond with the family :)

Anonymous said...

Pizza! I can't get enough of it! It's comfort food. Nice for rainy days with your fave TV show. And when you simply want your food right away...

Loi said...

you made me crave for pizza!!! hmm i've never tried Real leaf... cge will check it out asap! :D

Marlyn said...

yan din ang bonding namin ng kids ko (di ba di obvious :-)) ...
Sayang nga at nakalimutan mo bumili ng pineapple, mas masarap pa sana. Eden cheese naman ang use namin, kahit di quickmelt ay nagmemelt pa din.
Next time, we'll try REAL LEAF Iced tea...