Friday, April 17, 2009

49th Manila F.A.M.E. International



I had the privilege to be invited to Manila FAME International held at SMX Mall of Asia by Ms. Maffy Carandang of CITEM. I visited the exhibit on its first day last April 15 and was literally overwhelmed and awed at the huge amount of talent that our fellow Filipinos have.

There were so many wonderful things to see there. I was amazed at the creativity of many designers who came up with beautiful and unique products that were made with indigenous materials from our country.

Photo-taking of booths and products are prohibited unless you get permission from the owners. Well, a majority of those I asked, refused. Although I totally understand that they would like to protect their creations from being copied indiscriminately. It's just disappointing that I wouldn't be able to post here all those nice things I saw there.

Anyway, here's sharing what I did manage to take photos of. The first one features colorful cards from the GSG by Flora Creatives booth. The second and third ones are creations of the talented Ms. Marge Fernando of AGM Export Industries, Inc. I'm sure you'll also admire her awesome Eiffel Tower, Holland windmill and cherry blossoms curtain all made of Capiz shells.

I also had the pleasure of seeing Dr. Mike and Ms. Cathy Turvill of Amu'in Wellness again. We got our photo taken beside their very elegant booth that showcases their various Aromatherapy-based products.



Lastly, I just had to take a shot of the pretty, pretty bag Manila FAME gave away to guests which contained the press kit and a nice notebook covered with a banig-like material. The bag is in one of my favorite colors and has twisted ropes that serve as straps. I'll probably be using that often in the next few weeks as it is such an eye candy :)

The exhibit will run until tomorrow (April 18). You may want to visit and be amazed as well. I'm sure you'll also feel the pride of being Pinoy just by mingling among the creative geniuses who are our kababayans.

2 comments:

ako si reina said...

Dear Ms. Ruth,

Thank you for your kind words for Manila F.A.M.E. International. It is always heartwarming to read of good things about the show because truly, it is the product of 6 months of hard work and sleepless nights from a bunch of dedicated and professional young guys of CITEM.

I hope you will come and visit us again October as we anticipate a bigger show with more exhibitors, new categories and 2 venues.

Best regards.

THELMA DUMPIT - MURILLO
DEPUTY EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/PROJECT DIRECTOR
CITEM/MFI

Ruth Floresca said...

Hi Ms. Thelma,

It is my pleasure to be able to contribute a little in promoting great events like yours :)

I'm looking forward to more wonderful things that CITEM has in store for the next installments of Manila F.A.M.E.

~Ruth