Friday, October 27, 2006



Funny How ... Time Flies

Remember that last line from the Tears for Fears song Head Over Heels? That's kinda what I feel right now. See, a couple of weeks ago, I randomly selected a DVD and watched it. It was a concert of Tears for Fears (yeah, I'm an 80's child) with extra MTVs included. I didn't notice at first that the kids slowly started drifting to the living room and sitting on the sofa with me. After a while, they began asking questions and making comments. "What band is that? Why are they wearing those yucky clothes? I like that song! What's it called Mommy?"

I thought it was a short phase. I was wrong. The very next day, I saw Leland rummaging through my CDs and eventually picked the Tears for Fears DVD again. This time, even Daniel said, "That's my favorite!" when Head Over Heels was played. They kept repeating the song over and over and I have caught Joshua singing along more than once.

So for these past weeks, all I kept hearing are melodies of Mad World, Everybody Wants to Rule the World, Pale Shelter, Memories Fade and yup, the proverbial Head Over Heels among others. Talk about songs you can't get out of your head! It seems that Lee Ritenour has been shelved for the meantime.

Secretly though, I'm pleased that my new millenium children still gets to appreciate songs their dad and I grew up with and also liked a lot. But yeah, they still can't get over Curt Smith's flowery shirt and Roland Orzabal's head of long curly locks hahaha.

No comments: