Sunday, January 08, 2006

Tripping on The Corrs' Celtic Songs



The Corrs have recently launched their new album entitled HOME. It's a collection of Celtic songs and melodies and I have fallen in love with several of them already. Some are reminiscent of Enya's compositions, which I also like by the way.

Anyhow, two of the cuts from the album are in Irish, with very beautiful melodies sung in Andrea Corr's wonderful voice. I searched the net for the lyrics but can't make heads or tails of the pronunciations ... and I wanted to sing along to them!


So what I did was transcribe one song (that took me more than an hour) and wrote down funny looking words ... which was fine with me, 'coz they made it possible for me to, at least, sing along. That already made me very happy (doesn't take much to make me :p)

Now that I'm finished with Buchaille On Eirne (well, I still want to memorize it LOL), I wonder when I'll have the strength to have a go at Brid Og Ni Mhaille ... hmmm ...

I think I'll stick for now to belting out My Lagan Love, Heart Like a Wheel, and Peggy Gordon. At least those ARE easy to memorize!


No comments: