Thursday, April 15, 2004



Back to the Basics

Whew! I don't know how to write with a pen anymore!

With the high technology gadgets we have now, we often forget that there is still the trusty pen and paper to store our data with. Having had my mobile phone stolen last year and losing a lot of my contacts' phone numbers (silly me, always trusting the phone to store everything!), I found time last night to write down in a notebook my newly accumulated phone book entries from my new celphone. No more storing in the computer 'coz a crashed hard drive wouldn't be any use if ever, would it?

Halfway through the more than 200 names and numbers, I felt my hand resisting the urge to write. I got so tired quickly! Me, who can go on all night typing and typing my article drafts on the computer keyboard can't find the strength to use a pen for long. Man, that was a wake-up call for me!

And my handwriting! Ugh! Gone was the fine script I knew I could do so well before. It seemed like the scribbles on paper weren't even mine at all. Got to start practicing to write again.... on paper .... like my kids .... like when I was back in college ... like when my boyfriend (now husband) and I were still exchanging letters every few days or so .... like that!

No comments: