Monday, March 01, 2004



The Oscars

Wow! I enjoyed watching the Academy Awards yesterday. The opening “movie trailer” starring Billy Crystal was soooo hilarious! My sons were guffawing as each scene from movies were played and Billy exchanged for a certain actor. We all laughed the loudest when we saw Billy looking like Gollum in a Lord of the Rings scene. I also loved the songs he sang about each nominated movie. Who wouldn’t laugh on that part about downloading the LOTR last night and it that took him so long coz the movie was, well -- long. He delivered the songs so well. Such a funny, funny man.

Sadly, I haven’t been able to watch ANY of the nominated films. Yes, even LOTR ROTK! My kids already saw it with my husband. I haven’t had time these past several years to go to movie houses often so I am always the last one to know the whole stories. I’m not much of a movie-buff anyway. I’m contented waiting for the release of CD copies.

Anyway, I looked at the stars with a little touch of envy as Angelina Jolie, Renee Zelweger, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Charlize Theron and Liv Tyler among others paraded on the screen looking oh so beautiful.

As to the nominees, I couldn’t even start to choose as I haven’t seen them in their roles. But I am now intrigued to see Monsters so I can see why Charlize bagged the Best Actress trophy. As for Sean Penn, the Oscar was a long time coming. I loved his acting in “I Am Sam” before and wished he’d get a trophy for that role but didn’t. Now, I’m sure more than ever that he deserved that statue he brought home.


No comments: