Tuesday, September 02, 2003



My kids have this funny habit of picking one or two movies and making them "picks of the week". It's amazing how the three of them would unanimously agree what to watch and re-watch and re-watch for a week or two. The current favorites right now are Lilo and Stitch and The Jungle Book. Imagine my chagrin when I caught myself singing Bare Necessities under my breath a few days ago while cooking dinner. I even managed to incorporate the word Ohana in my conversation with a fellow parent friend! And I'm also getting scared that I'm starting to like Elvis Presly's songs. Whew, I'm being brainwashed!

At least the choices playing these days (imagine hearing and seeing them at least twice a day!) are not as influencing as those Disney Magic English volumes whose theme song would come unbidden in my subsconciousness and play over and over again -- Magic English, Magic English, Have fun with Disney everyday! Have fun with Disney everyday!. Although I must admit those volumes did a lot of wonders in my youngest son's vocabulary.

Oh I can't count Barney and his I Love You song coz my special child James loves Barney so much he has got to get a "fix" of at least 10 VCDs a day (when the other three are in school). And I must say I've memorized about 75% of all Barney songs by now.

To date, the best pick of the week I've enjoyed tremendously was the Mulan and The Swan Princess phases. At least I love the songs there and I didn't mind at all finding out I've memorized most of the repertoire by the time the kids passed on to their next favorites.

Ah well, the joys of being a mom :D

No comments: