Thursday, August 21, 2003



I've just finished reading Amy Tan's The Joy Luck Club. What a wonderful read! So full of descriptions that allowed me to "watch" the scenes as they unfold. It is wonderful to have this privilege -- a glimpse of another culture so different and yet curiously, somehow the same in terms of bonds between families and friends. More so when it comes to mother and daughter love-hate relationships.

Oooh, I have to find a copy of the movie for my collection. Ever watched that? I loved that movie even before I read the book. That was the first movie I saw Ming-Na Wen in. I like that actress, dunno specifically why. Perhaps her sweet face and humurous nature is a combination most people can't resist. I must confess though that a lot of scenes made me cry. Agh, I'm such a sucker for sad stories!

No comments: